Monday, June 18, 2012

Last Friday was an extremely eventful day for the del.AWARE scene. First off, the show at Barcode Tavern was a lot of fun despite the small turnout but the musicians were all interesting, talented and super nice as hell. I love working with such positive people. I snagged some awesome merch including 3 cassette releases from PA's Condition Oakland, a 7" split from Suckered In, and plenty of swag from FL's Absaroka!

After the show, Absaroka crashed in my TV room and enjoyed the opportunity to sleep horizontally and out of the confines of the van for a night. They were staying around Wilmington for a day to play Mojo 13 before heading to New York. I hate missing the Mojo 13 show but I was headed out of town Saturday for my own much needed retreat. I really enjoyed having the band over for some coffee and donuts thanks to my supporting wife.

But business wise, I received a couple of emails from Wilmington venues, asking for some booking opportunities. You can imagine how pumped I am that one of them was from World Cafe Live at the Queen. I'm excited to say we will have some del.AWARE shows there this fall on the upstairs stage.

Despite the hassles and hardwork, and lack of support from the community in ways of attendance, it's very self rewarding and exciting to work in the music industry. There are a lot of great bands out there and interesting people. I just really wish Wilmington would get their act together and start shelling out some active local bands and fans wanting to come be a part of it. Oh well, Rome wasn't built in a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment