This Friday will be our 3rd show at Barcode Tavern in Wilmington. I am super excited because we have an entire night built around one of my favorite musical genres but one that doesnt have too much of scene around here. Folk Punk. So with that said, there arent any locals booked for this show but plenty of PA support saying they know peeps around Wilmington. Headlining this shindig are Florida's Absaroka. They are currently on tour and even had a stop at Bonaroo this past week. These are legit shows, people. Not just the same tired worn out bands that jump back and forth between Mojo Main and Logan House and get put up in Spark and Out and About like some sort of local super heroes that sound exactly like each other and are about as exciting to watch as a drying paint.
I want to touch on something about last week. I was super excited to have booked Local Legend Nathan Gray (Boy Sets Fire)'s new band I am Heresy. We promoted the hell out of it and prepared to cater a lot of folks and hardly anybody came out. Despite losing a lot of money on buying beer that wasnt consumed and dealing with all 3 of the opening bands bailing before IAH went on, I had a great time. Even if Nathan was only performing to a room of maybe 8-10 people, he put all of his emotion and energy into that performance and it was beyond real. Although his new project is considered Doom Metal with a lot of heavy guitars and screaming, every once in a while he would spit out that melodic signature voice that sent shivers down my spine. I don't know, this is coming from a hardcore BSF fan. But what the hell happened? Where was everybody at and why the hell did everybody leave. It was embarrassing and disrespectful but whatever. I'm tired of people coming up to me and blowing smoke up my ass, telling me that they appreciate the work I've done in trying to rebuild an old school underground scene... and then bailing. Not participating, not willing to actually come out and be a part of it. The term slactivist remains in use. You want to be a part of something from behind your computer screen and speak your mind and opinion. But actions speak louder than words and everyone knows this. Don't get online and blow smoke up my ass. Come out to these shows and participate. That's all there is to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment